We collect certain information or data about you when you use our website.
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact us at System Insight
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts, and how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
This data can be viewed by authorised people in our business, to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
- allow you to access government services and make transactions
- provide you with information about local services if you want it
Where your data is stored
We store your data on secure servers in the European Economic Area (EEA) (except for data that we gather when you sign up to our email alerts).
Some of our suppliers are based outside the EEA. We have strict controls over how and why your data can be accessed.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
When you sign up to our email newsletters
We use the a professional secure external email service called MailChimp, for our email alerts and Newsletter.
Mailchimp has staff based outside the EEA, and stores your data in the US. Mailchimp is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. When you sign up to our email alerts, you agree to your data being stored in this way.
As a subscriber to our email alerts, we may contact you from time to time to ask for your feedback on how to improve our email alert service.
Keeping your data secure
Sending information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data while it’s in transit.
Any data you send is at your own risk.
We have procedures and security features in place to keep your data secure once we receive it.
Disclosing your information
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect.
If you’ve signed up for email alerts, you can unsubscribe or change your settings at any time. A simple unsubscribe option is available on every newsletter we send.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites.
Following a link to another website
A cookie is a small piece of information that is placed on your computer when you visit certain websites. When we refer to “cookies” we include other technologies with similar purposes.
We use the following types of cookie:
(1) Analytics cookies that anonymously remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They keep track of browsing patterns and help us to build up a profile of how our readers use the website.
(2) Service cookies that help us to make our website work as efficiently as possible; remember your registration and login details; remember your settings preferences; and meter the number of pages you view.
Managing your cookies preferences
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
Please note that calls to us may be monitored or recorded.
You may also be interested in our Terms and Conditions