At System Insight we have had all of our lightweight flight cases especially designed for each respective printer, in full consultation with actual users of the equipment.
Our flight cases are not just equipment shipping boxes that last only for a few journeys like others on the market, but are strong, lightweight and professional-looking enclosures that will last for years.
Not only are they a robust cost-effective transport solution, they are also stackable, allowing them to be easily employed on-site as temporary worktops and cupboards to enhance your workflow.
Furthermore, our custom made lightweight cases are designed so that the printer can be used in the case with the power and USB cables remaining fixed whilst the printer is installed inside the case.
The carrying handle on the side facilitates easy carrying and a flat top allows placement of a laptop or display screen. The case also has a space underneath the printer for cable, output tray and trimmings catcher. This carrying case is specifically designed and built from lightweight materials which allow easy carrying and shipping.
Major Benefits of using our Flight Cases
There are at least six main advantages of using our specially designed flight cases:
- The printer can be used inside the case with cables left connected to the printer, which means that you can turn up to an event and start printing within minutes.
- Printer and associated parts are protected from damage during use and transit.
- The case is lightweight and can easily be carried using the spring-loaded carrying handles on the side of the case.
- The case has been designed so that the top remains free of handles etc. enabling a laptop to be used on top of the case.
- It gives a professional look to your equipment.
- Handles have been placed slightly off-centre to ensure the weight is evenly distributed whilst carrying.
What – No wheels?
We have been asked on more than one occasion for flight cases with wheels on. We have tried wheels on cases before and decided against this for the following six reasons:
- The price difference between a Flight Case with wheels and the same case without, is about the same price as buying a lightweight fold-up trolley which can be used for all your equipment.
- The flight cases have to be bigger to accommodate the wheel assembly and pull-along handle.
- The wheels on a flight case are small and as such are useless for all but the smoothest floors, whereas trolley wheels are much bigger and can cope with the outdoors better.
- Flight cases with wheels weigh much more and still need lifting out of your car.
- Having wheels on a flight case means that they are less stable in your vehicle because they slide about (and take up more space because they’re bigger).
- A handle is needed on a flight case to pull a wheeled case along the ground, this needs to be quite strong, (unlike standard laptop bag trolleys) due to the weight of the printer, which again adds to weight, size and cost.
Summary: All our cases are designed to be lightweight, yet still very sturdy to protect the contents during transit.
They have all been designed with the Event Photographer in mind and Event Photographers have provided input into every stage of the design process.